When it’s chilly in Los Angeles you rely on your heat pump to keep you comfortable. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair coming soon. Annual maintenance service from experts can keep your system operating efficiently and diagnose likely problem areas before they deteriorate. Between service visits, make sure to watch for signals that indicate repair is needed. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working the way it used to. Is it running long enough? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem faint? These symptoms could indicate a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump can’t get out of heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s too hot outside, your heat pump regulates the temperature in your home by moving refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s cold out, heat pumps reverse the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to switch modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling normally. Your heat pump may be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a breakdown in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled consistently. Are your registers all open and clear? If they are and the problem endures, contact a pro to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is noisy. If your heat pump starts running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
You’ll know when you need to book heat pump repair now that you’ve heard of these common symptoms. The experts at AZ Air Conditioning and Heating will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.