Having routine air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Los Angeles summer, have the professionals at AZ Air Conditioning and Heating complete your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to unlawfully releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We recommend checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call AZ Air Conditioning and Heating today at 800-296-5088.