As spring rolls around, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Los Angeles? Especially if your cooling unit is recently purchased or was working well last year.
Here’s one method to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any service for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit inspected seasonally by a AZ Air Conditioning and Heating pro can help locate little troubles before they become major breakdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outside, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively lower your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a professional to maintain delicate internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can create elevated energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it last longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity expenses and over the long run, because you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps identify minor issues before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully inspect components and perform a cycle of cooling performance checks. These in-depth measures often allow us to locate issues before they lead to extensive issues that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is prepped to give worry-free air. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your system is vulnerable to early meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC maintenance should have a check and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll examine the following locations and components:
- Overall system state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Today with AZ Air Conditioning and Heating
This week is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our AZ Air Conditioning and Heating pros a shout at 800-296-5088 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your home, make sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching service.