As spring starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Los Angeles? Especially if your air conditioning equipment is recently purchased or was running well last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a AZ Air Conditioning and Heating specialist can help spot minor issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint little issues before they become big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine components and complete a set of cooling performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into large troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC maintenance should have an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent spots and parts:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Today with AZ Air Conditioning and Heating
Now is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our AZ Air Conditioning and Heating pros a call at 800-296-5088 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your house, make sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your approaching service.