Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Los Angeles is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While AZ Air Conditioning and Heating consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, clean out any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call AZ Air Conditioning and Heating in Los Angeles at 800-296-5088 today.