If you want to stay cozy during the cooler months in Los Angeles, your heat pump will need some maintenance to keep operating at its best. If you’ve already booked your once a year tune-up with AZ Air Conditioning and Heating, you’re right on schedule. Don’t worry if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are plenty things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its maximum performance. Try these maintenance ideas to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Lessened airflow makes your heat pump over worked and can hurt your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s an easy way to boost the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the zone around your outdoor unit if a mess has gathered or plants have taken over the area.
- To be sure your system is working correctly, test your thermostat often. Turn it on and slowly increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump start. If you don’t hear anything, read our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or give us a call.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to know more about heat pump maintenance or would like to schedule a service with one of our professionals, call AZ Air Conditioning and Heating at [[phonenumber]] or set up an appointment online.