According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the age of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence how long your ducts can go without cleaning. How can you tell if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signals that you should keep an eye on.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are fully opened, do any have less adequate airflow than others?
2. Can you hear something other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there anything blocking your cold air return vent?
4. When you peek inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or fuzz from your pet’s hair?
5. Have bugs or rodents fashioned a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns layered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers pushing out dust?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, it’s probably time to ask AZ Air Conditioning and Heating in Los Angeles about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to protect your ducts and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule regular HVAC maintenance with the experts at AZ Air Conditioning and Heating. A regular evaluation of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Checking your system often and replacing the air filter when necessary will also help keep your ducts clean.
Other ways you can help care for your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let debris in from spaces such as your attic.
• Check your air filters on a regular basis and switch them out when required.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your home.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in bad or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Los Angeles home is clean. Make sure to use these preventative actions and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at AZ Air Conditioning and Heating at 800-296-5088 or arrange an appointment online.