Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Los Angeles during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at AZ Air Conditioning and Heating will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call AZ Air Conditioning and Heating at 800-296-5088 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.